My black chalkboard wall

It would not be entirely inaccurate to say I am the sort of girl who likes to cut the bull and see a thing through. Case in point: I decided Sunday evening to paint my accent wall black and had half of it done within the hour.



Let me tell you, I L.O.V.E. the color black (or absence of color? whatever). The only barrier to painting was to decide whether I wanted all black walls or black stripes. This photo from Design for Mankind almost made me come undone.





But I had already done vertical stripes in a previous apartment. Soooooo... Viola! Today is Tuesday and I am the proud stunter of a floor to ceiling chalkboard wall.

My advice to people who may also want to try this out:

1) It is just like any other painting job. No harder and same prep tools.

2) Be sure you choose a wall where you won't want to move decorations around. Empty nail holes really stand out.

3) Add a second layer. Small spot will show through sort of like scratches if the paint is too thin.

4) Do not spend more than $10 for the paint. The hardware store near my house charges twice that. I asked them to price match Home Depot and got it knocked down.

That's all for tonight. Stay tuned for styling updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, it rocks my world to hear from readers!